Posted by: Cindy | 2012-06-18

To Cyberdoc - Oral Thrush (Reply to you)

Hi Cyberdoc

I do not know if my insulin resistance is treated properly?
What is the treatment for it?
He once gave me Glucophage 500mg x 2 pd but it made me very nauseous.
I have just joined Curves in the hopes of beating it with exercise &  correct diet.
I was advised to keep my carbs low when you have insulin resistance. I am 1.76m tall, 121kg so what ideally should my carb intake be per day in grams whilst doing Curves and living a normal life (work) - secretary. Just a plus minus would help. I am eating properly and laying off sugar completely.
I have a very acid system so now avoiding acid forming foods and taking A. Vogel Alkaline powder (started slowly) as I am allergic to many chemical and non chemical things.

If your doctor prescribed Glucophage, you either have metabolic disease or you are prediabetic and these conditions are a common cause for oral thrush. I therefore, suggest that you consult your doctor for an examination and blood tests, to start with the correct treatment. With the correct treatment, your symptoms will improve drastically and you will loose weight faster. You will have to consult a dietician with regards to a diet.... He/she will be able to work out a personalised diet for you.