Question
Posted by: Sad | 2010/04/30

To CS: feedback on post 1230

Dear CS

I am so happy to say that my husband and I had a great talk yesterday, after almost considering a legal separation. We basically found that we are not meeting each others needs, and we have agreed to make a list of that which is important for each of us, to give to the other person. We will then commit to meeting each others needs. Our love languages differ considerably, and thats where the problem comes in - we do not recognize each others ways of showing love and appreciating. Funny what talking to each other can do for a relationship...

Hey, congratulations, S, for making a significant step forward. Unfortunately in relationship problems, we often either blame ourselves almost entirely, or blame the other partner almost entirely, without either recognizing that it takes two to create a relationhsip problem, and that Blame is surprisingly unhelpful - compared with identifying the problems and areas of conflict, and planing sensibly to deal with them.
If you can learn each other's "languages" you can become bilingual and happier !

1