Question
Posted by: Polygram | 2009-02-02

To CS

CS

Thank you for your enlightning response.Well,sometimes one gets so desperate to know the truth that you even consider these methods.I have got some severe trust issues,my i cought my g/friend cheating on me and she swears that it had just started and they have not had sex.Obviously I cant trust anything that comes out of her mouth.That is why I wanted to go through this route,I haven' t suggested anything to her.Cs,its hard and I' m really battling with this

Fine. What Lie Detectors try to do, is to identify changes in breathing, pulse rate, sweatiness, that indicate someone is nervous when answering a question, and they assume that if you are more nervous answering certain questions, then those answers must be lies. Experiences liars can beat the system ( as can habitual liars who aren't in the least disturbed by lying ) --- and ordinary people who are nervous about the most relevant questions may get anxious even though telling the absolute truth. I wonder whether she would have agreed to take the test. The way some folks use the test is to challenge someone to take a lie detector test, and if the other person believes it is an accurate test, they may confess rather than go through with testing

1
Posted by: Have used it often | 2009-02-03

As the Doc has mentioned earlier there are " chancers " in the industry and a lot of success has to do with the experience of the operator. It all has to do with stress and there is an amount of psycology attached to it, even for the hardened liars. Very few, one percent ,ever refuse to take the test, always believinbg they can beat it. I prefer to refer to it as a " Truth Verifier"  as opposed to a " Lie Detector"  the latter term, always seems so harsh and in you face. Many people succumb to the IDEA of taking a test and often confess before the time. The test on its own has little value and cannot be " tested" as a parlour game. There needs to be some hard evidence available to be able to focus on specifically. Investigators make use of the polygraph and voice stress analysis usually to ELIMINATE suspects, and then to concentrate on the one/s that fail. My experience shows that this works very well in most cases 80 to 90 percent. Personally, if I was innocent I would take the test, but not if I was guilty !!

Reply to Have used it often