Posted by: Help | 2008-12-09

Good day CS, im struggling with bad thought...I have a two year old child and im not staying with him, he is staying with my mom..My problem is i always have these thoughts that he is gonna die, i sometimes even picture his funeral, God knows i love my baby and i dont want anything happening to him but i cant seem to control these thoughts..

If he gets sick with flu then its even worse the thought that he wont survive the flu come floating my mind..

The past two years i have experienced lots of deaths in my family,the cousins, uncles ect and i think maybe these thoughts come from that fear that lots of the loved ones have passed on and so my child will also pass away..

I real need help on what to do to get rid of such thoughts..

Thank you..

As he isn't under your personal, direct, care, you worry about him, and about not being able to protect him. Maybe you also feel a bit guilty for not having him with you, even if there are good reasons for this. Sounds like there's siome obsessive thinking troubling you, and this usually involves thoughts about something which would be dreadful if it happened. And having lost many family members in recent years, you tend to expect bad things to happen. IF you can see a good local psychiatrist, maybe through a nearby clinic or major hospital, the first step is a thorough assessment to be sure about what's wrong, and then a discussion of treatment choices, which might include counselling, perhaps of the CBT form, or medication, or both. Either way, with proper care, you could soon be feeling much better, and better able to enjoy your child and his continuing health

Posted by: Help | 2008-12-10

Thank you CS for ur response, i will do that..Maybe i will start enjoying my baby and being a good mother to him cos these thought are stealing my joy..

Friend thank u also, i have been praying and still praying..I pray that God doesnt let these thoughs come to reality and that Satan must leave me alone, pls also do put me in ur prayers..Thank u.

Reply to Help
Posted by: Friend | 2008-12-09

my dear friend, go to Church and pray about this, it' s the devil playing with your mind!!!

Reply to Friend