Question
Posted by: deborah | 2011/01/16

to calculate your daily water intake

Can you possibly tell me how to calculate my daily water intake. I stand to be corrected but I think it is 250ml per 10kg of your weight ?

Dear Deborah
According to my nutrition handbook adults require 35 ml of LIQUID/kg of body weight, so a 60 kg woman would require 60 x 35 = 2,1 Litres of Liquid per day (this would include all liquids consumed such as tea, coffee, cold drinks, milk, fruit juice, and not only water). In general we recommend that adults should drink 2,5 litres of liquid a day or 10 x 250 ml cups or glasses.

1

Dear Deborah