Posted by: Niel | 2010-12-14

To be or not to be satisfied

Hi Dr
I''m 42, my wife is 28, both our first marriages. We have a very good sex life, all the time all over the place and at least once a day. My " problem"  is that even if we make love 2 or 3 times a day, I will be ready for action almost constantly.

I will get an erection at the slightest hint of something sexual, I''ll go to sleep with one, even after sex, and wake up with one. My wife thinks I''m taking Viagra or something. She tries to " sort me out"  when ever possible, but I know it''s getting to her. She has even asked me whether I''m having an affair.

I''m not taking any meds, I look after myself and the rest is her turning me ON all the time. I''m worried that she might get fed up with me wanting to have sex so much. She thinks that I''m not satisfied with her anymore, but it''s actually the opposite. Is this a " normal"  condition for my age or what? I would like to explain it to her.

it is always difficult when the rivers of desire flow differently for partners.Having an erect penis does not mean that you must have sex to put it down .in discussing withyour partner you need to assess with her how she views the "everready penis".The comparison that one can sometimes use to illustrate the point is when you feel like having a meal .your wife might prefer to have a full meal while you might prefer to have a sandwich only. sexual acts and habits can follow the same route ,not everyone wants all of it all the time .
The average no of times people have sex varies between ages , countries and races . Normality is therefore not easily defined for an individual but for populations and i therefore advise that you look at what you and your partner are comfortable with.

Posted by: Me | 2010-12-14

Hi Neil, see my posting following yours...dont complain or be worried, I''m pretty sure you''re normal.
Would like to know what your''e having though lol!

Reply to Me