Posted by: Girlfriend | 2011-05-24

To be married

My boyfriend and I are living 2 hours drive from each other and thus only see each other on weekends and holidays. He was married before and has a plot in trust that will go to his 2 children. He has a business and some months does not have a good income. I have a senior position and a good income and pension fund. I am 45 and he is 55 years old. It seems that I have to give this up in order for the two of us to get married. It is difficult to find the same job opportunity for me in his town. I am scared that I will have no pension to live from for my old age if I resign now. Could you please advise how I can secure my future financially.

Expert ImageFamily law expert

If you do get married again, make sure that you marry out of community of property WITHOUT the accrual.

Bertus Preller
B.Proc; AD Dip L Law
Family Law Attorney
Abrahams and Gross Inc.
A:1st Floor, 56 Shortmarket Street, Cape Town, 8000
O: +27 (0) 21 422 1323