Question
Posted by: Anon | 2009-10-04

To be in a relationship for the sake of it?

Hey,

Is it better to be in a relationship for the sake of it or not to be in one at all?

I met a girl, but there wasn' t as much spark from my side as from her side... I' ve been single for a while, but dont want to end up hurting her down the line... but not being able to give back what she is offering me.

What do you suggest?

What is the point of a relationship at all ? What, really, does "for the sake of it " mean ? Is it done so that other people will notice that you're "in a relationship" ? If so, why do they and their opinions matter ? You met a girl --- and you do NOT feel "a spark " and probably neither you nor she would enjoy a relationship ? Why proceed with it, then ? It is likely that both of you could get hurt, and there's no upside I can see

3
Posted by: almost mad | 2009-10-05

If there is no chemistry at all then let it go and let her meet someone who feels fireworks for her.

Reply to almost mad
Posted by: Wise Owl | 2009-10-04

It seems rather pointless. you meet, you check her out, no boxes are ticked, she checks you out and ticks a few boxes, so....? Don' t waste your time nor hers. You will be wasting an opportunity for her to to meet someone special

Reply to Wise Owl
Posted by: Jason | 2009-10-04

Been in that position before.

Rather leave it. If you' re not into it 100% then you' ll just end up hurting her. Is she not prepared to be just friends?

If it involves sex and it' s for a short period of time, you may end up with a reputation of being a user.

Reply to Jason