Posted by: Lover | 2009-03-05

to answer you CS

I would automatically find myself longing to speak to him and it was a two way thing
For your info - HE is feeling a bit insecure - hence he needs re assurance you know - like DO I STILL LOVE HIM
and lastly - please prescribe the amount of time that one has to be in a relationship between two consented adults before getting intimate!
and lastly i do respect myself and i hope you respect yourself too.

NB:Your answers are provoking sometimes!

Being needy, including needing suh frequent re-assurance, is not love. When a couple really love each other, they know it, and don't have to be so fequently told that it is so.
I do not prescribe for relationships in the way tyou ask --- 2 consnting adults can leap into be together as soon as they please. it is my observation, however, that when this happens very early in the relationship, it often means that the actual human relationship hasn't yet fully formed, and the sex may over-shadow that. I respect myself very well, and for excellent reasons. Again, in years of experience, I observe that people who ae so needy in a relationship with someone else so needy, seem to feel it needs phone-calls and sex to cement the relaionship, without recognizing that they are good enough to be a sufficient reason for the relationship[ to thrive in its own right.
And yes, my answers are intended to be provoking --- that way they can be useful. Answers that only tell you what you already know, and which try too hard to be likeable, may be enjoyed, but unhelpful.

Posted by: bill | 2009-03-05

Tell him he was great, that is what he wants to hear, less calls means dissapointment from your side, so he thinks you were expecting better sex and now feels insecure! Try it I guarantee it will work!

Reply to bill
Posted by: lover | 2009-03-05

Very well said. I was not talking or asking about how solid or cemented this relationship is, i just wanted to find out why would someone need reassurance, or if i was somewhat neglecting my partner! whether it will work on not - the future will tell as there are no guarantees in this life and relationships are not based on someone' s theory - they just happen - sometimes they work out, sometimes they don' t and that' s called reality!

I respect the manner in which you respond but it is demeaning at times! Giving into sex so easily - who are you to make that judgement??? i don' t sleep with the whole world and i am responsible enough to decide who to sleep with and whom not to,
Thanks for your time anyway

Reply to lover