Question
Posted by: mike | 2009-08-12

To anonymous - racist

THe child came home from school complaining that another kids had hit him, his mother' s first reaction/response was:" was he white/black/brown? to which the child innocently answered:"  hmmmm I think he is green/blue mom" 

Nuff said, catch the drift....? of course you dont!

Some wholesome messages, from Kay and CTMom, with real hope in them. Years back, before the shaky film of it with Glenn Close, the musical South Pacific, written in the 1940's, has a fascinating song about racism and how kids learn it, called " You've Got to be Taught" ( you've got to be taught --- to hate and fear .. etc).

3

I did not post to be racist btw.

Just goes to show how narrow-minded this country is. I can speak of many situations and you will see how something so small always turns into a racist situation when it should not have been. Situation not concerning me but situation you see all around the country such as in schools, in the work place. Nearl everywhere you go.

It is difficult to voice your opinion in this country because somehow it turns racist. Perhaps you should all watch Gavin Sharples DVD called " Sextion" . It is spelt like that on purpose. Perhaps then you will see what I mean.

Good bye.

Posted by: CTMOM | 2009-08-13

My kids don' t see color, they see fellow friends, Maybe our new generation will end this color nonsense for good.

Reply to CTMOM
Posted by: Kay in Gtown | 2009-08-13

It took many years of pre-school and a couple of years of primary school before my children even noticed that some people " classified"  others by the colour of their skin. Having been schooled in the 70s, I felt so honoured and thrilled to be seeing this in my own lifetime, in the very next generation! :)

Reply to Kay in Gtown