Posted by: Janet | 2010-04-28

TKR surgery

I''m scheduled for TKR surgery in June. I''ve been suffering from cramping feet and calves and have to get up at night to walk them out. My PCP suggested that I drink tonic water to help prevent them. I''m concerned that when I''m unable to get up at night that my excruciating cramps will be intolerable. Do you have any suggestions as to how to handle this problem while hospitalized.

Expert ImageOrthopaedic Specialist Forum

Dear Janet ,

i have sent your question on to our knee expert and hope that he will reply to you soon

Posted by: Janet | 2010-05-17

I have not yet heard from your knee expert. Also, can you tell me what the reason why a cardiologist might not want me to donate my blood prior to my surgery. I don''t see him for another week and have been curious.
Thank you so much.

Reply to Janet