Question
Posted by: Maya | 2008/07/21

Tissue Oil the best

What is the most effective to treat dry skin - tissue oil or a moisteriser. Also, I am pregnant, should I use tissue oil or a specific stretch mark cream for prevention?

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Maya, thank you for the question and congratulations with the pregnancy, I wish you and the new baby all the best.

My suggestion is to use a combination of:
Moisturizer containing glycolic acid, and
Anti-oxidants in the form of vitamin E, vitamin C, and vitamin K

There is nothing stopping you from adding an ‘anti-stretch mark’ cream. Studies have shown that Vitamin E oil is not effective in reducing stretch marks.

1
Posted by: Lyndy | 2008/11/24

I am taking 1000iu Vitamin E per day as I believe it assists Menopause hot flushes etc. I am also taking Ecotrin (85mg) as a preventive measure but I do not suffer fron hypertension. Is it advisable to take both?

Reply to Lyndy