Question
Posted by: Pieter Kriel | 2011/03/27

Tiredness and body pain

I live in a " houseboat. Air circulation is really very poor. This happens only when I am living in this place in my on duty time.
I get up every morning feeling more tired than when I went to sleep. My joints i.e. knees, ankles wrists are feeling stiff and are generally painfull. My whole body feels stiff when I wake up. It disipates late on in the day but the next morning it is back.

When I am at home in SA in is gone after two or three days. I do not want to make a fuss about it but if this can be caused by poor air circulation then I need to know and would like to discuss it with our safety department.

Iam thanking you for this forum.

Hallo Pieter
Your symptoms may be more likely due to the mattress you sleep on, or mould on the boat, or noise that wakes you up during the night or chemical fumes (?petrol fumes) - you may have unrefreshing sleep leading to these symptoms. I think you should try and identify the cause and it may be a good idea to discuss with your safety department as there may be similar complaints from other employees. Could they provide you with alternative accommodation?

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011/03/28

Hallo Pieter