Question
Posted by: Justin | 2010/01/12

Tiredness after eating

I know there is the general " maagies vol, oegies toe"  scenario, but after eating lunch, particularly at work, my body feels drained, and tired, lethargic and have a slight headache. Usually if I eat chocolate, this helps. But I dont like the idea of using chocolate to sort it out, could it be diabetes of sorts?

Hallo Justin
You may have an abnormal glucose metabolism problem, not necessarily diabetes. Please see your doctor for a fasting blood sugar and fasting insulin test - if needed they may need to do a glucose tolerance test too. These symtoms could be caused by a spike in insulin causing a quick fall in blood sugar.
In the mean time, try eating like a diabetic ( low GI, high fibre, low fat foods, and snacks inbetween meals - like an apple, and two provitas with cheese)

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010/01/12

Hallo Justin

Reply to cyberdoc