Posted by: Sanette | 2010-01-29

Tired, Sleepy teenager

My 17year old son has suffered from being tired and wanting to sleep two days straight for the past few years.

We have looked at diet, had him at doctors etc.

He has no energy and complains about very sensitive pains throughout his body.

It is affecting his normal day to day activities. He only recovers by the end of the second day. He basically sleeps it off.

I have given vitamin supplements as well.

He is tired of being so tired and not keeping up.

I strongly suggest that he consults a physician, as there can be numerous obscure reasons for his chronic tiredness. It is possible that he has CFS (Chronic Fatigue Syndrome) that is very rare and affects about 2 to 4 patients in 1000 people but other possibilities have to be excluded. Please refer to the following link to understand this condition: