Question
Posted by: Tired | 2011/11/14

Tired of unstable husband

Ive been married for 6 years.
I love my husband dearly, but he has issues.
1. He hops jobs. 12 in the last 6 years with periods inbetween that he has no job and I must take care of everything. he does not get anywhere financially obviously because of this. he is always broke.
2. When things get tough in our marriage, he leaves me, or threatens to do so. it has been back &  forth for 6 years
3. He does not stick to his words. He will make promisses, but won''t keep them. There is always the " valid"  excuse &  when he does not have that, I will be blamed.

I have children from a previous marriage...I take care of them myself. Relying on him will get me in trouble.
We have done counseling.
talking, communicating etc etc etc
what else is left to do?

Hopping jobs is a dangerous hobby in these days when everyone finds it hard to find a job at all. Maybe he's immature, or lacking in life skills, but clearly there are problems in his approach to life and his responsibilities.
Its sad if you two have genuinely tried marriage counselling with a competent counsellor, and maybe he either cannot be bothered to change or can't manage it. DO you have an option to leave him and continue to care for yourself and your children, while he might become more motivated to wake up and smell the unemployment, when he doesn't have you around to care for him when he can't be bothered to do so ?

5

Posted by: Very Obvious | 2011/11/15

You have tried counceling but can still not communicate.
He provides no financial support to the home.
He cannot keep his word or promises
He threatens to leave when things do not go his way.

Obviously divorce is now the way to go...............

Reply to Very Obvious
Posted by: Liza | 2011/11/15

Someone who leaves or threatens to leave when the going gets tough is manipulative. In my book it''s emotional abuse and abuse of any kind is a relationship deal-breaker. The fact that he doesn''t keep his promises and then tries to blame you for it is also emotional abuse. So why are you still putting up with him?

Personally I think you only have one choice - leave him and find someone who deserves you...

Good Luck
Liza

Reply to Liza
Posted by: Tired | 2011/11/14

LOL koos, I thought of that - yeah!!

Reply to Tired
Posted by: Koos | 2011/11/14

Electroshock therapy? Just kidding.

Reply to Koos