Question
Posted by: F | 2010/04/19

Tired of this acne

Hello Dr,

I went on a 7 month course of Roaccutane last year (ending in May 2009). As of last month the acne is back. Mainly around the periphery of my face and the jawline. I am 35 yrs old and really tired of having bad skin. Any of your valued suggestions would be much appreciated.

Regards,
F

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi F, thank you for the question.

My advice would be to consult your dermatologist again and discuss the possibility of a ‘maintenance’ program of the Roaccutane: taking one or two tablets a week.
Furthermore one can consider using a topical vitamin A cream to further reduce the outbreak you have. Please check my web page www.dralek.co.za and under the Resources tab click SKIN & ACNE CLASSIFICATION and search for the acne prone skin at home regimen.

7
Posted by: anti-ageing expert | 2010/04/25

Hi F, thank you for the question.

Reply to anti-ageing expert
Posted by: F | 2010/04/21

Hmmm. Mine is also a case of been there, done that. Got the t-shirt. lol. Looks like I will also have to go back on the Roaccutane.

Listen, you mustn''t avoid socialising to this degree. Its amazing what some good photo editing can do to pictures these days.lol

All the best

F

Reply to F
Posted by: Tamla | 2010/04/20

hi F

Not sure what else to do, the list of things i have tried is amazing. I''ve bought the creams for R12 and the ones for R1200.

I do understand water helps with complexion, but not if your problem is rooted in hormones or genetic predisposition. I suppose I will try Roac yet again, but maybe for a whole year this time, and just put up with the side effects. It is still the number one treatment for nodular/cystic acne, I can''t not keep trying it. But I hope Expert will give some clarity on this thing I keep hearing about, called photo dynamic therapy? Always willing to try something new. My cure is definitely in the form of a tablet or some intensive salon procedure - there is no cream this face can fix! :)

Reply to Tamla
Posted by: F | 2010/04/20

Tamla: Well it is good to know that someone else knows how this feels :-) What are you going to do about it?

Shasha: I do drink close onto 2 litres per day. Guess I have to up that.

Thanks for your contributions. Lets see what the Expert can advise.

Reply to F
Posted by: Shasha | 2010/04/20

water water and more water if you drink lots of water like 2 ltrs a day ain a few week you will see the difference i have the same problem , i started drinking water regulary for the past month and my skin looks better.

Reply to Shasha
Posted by: Tamla | 2010/04/20

My goodness, someone else with the same nightmare. I am 36 and first got my acne at age 11. I have never been clear for more than 3 weeks and I have been on Roaccutane maybe 6 times now. Each time I react worse to the drug. I am beyond tired of acne, beyond tired. Right now my outbreak is so bad I''ve declined an invitation to a very important dinner party and have also opted out of being in the staff photos at work, being taken today. I wouldn''t mind a group photo but these are individual pics for the website - no thank you.

Beyond tired of this acne. Sorry you''re going thru this too F. You''re not alone :(

Tamla

Reply to Tamla
Posted by: Tamla | 2010/04/20

Tamla

Reply to Tamla