Posted by: Ella | 2011-10-11

tired of being tired

I have a low iron level which we sorted out at the beginning of the year (never had a problem before this) i recenlty donated blood and had quite a problem with my menstrual cycle (i was menstruating every 2 weeks for a month and a half). I went to my gynae who couldnt find anything wrong and suggested if this carried on i should do a hysteroscopy. My thing is that lately i have been feeling very tired and bloated (so bloated that my pants dont fit properly and my tops are tighter) and have picked up weight. I have ruled out being pregnant (cos I have the Mirena) and I am on iron supplements for my low iron. I wake up yawning and cannot wait to get into bed at night so badly that sometimes i dont even brush my teeth or wash my face i just feel too exhausted, i have 2 boys that need my attention and my husband keeps telling me that the boys are what make me tired, but my lifestyle isnt that hectic. Please could you give me some advice. Thank-you

I think that you should follow your gynaecologist's advice and have a hysteroscopy done. You should also consult your doctor for blood tests, to exclude any other possible causes, besides a low iron count, like an underactive thyroid, diabetes etc.