Posted by: Morne | 2009-02-18

Tired of being tired

I am a 21 year old male and I am always tired. I exercise between 4 and 6 times a week, i don' t drink a lot of coffee or energy drinks, i try to eat healthy, drink a lot of water and sleep an average of 8 hours a day, i also try not to drink too much alcohol if any.

What am I doing wrong?

I seem to be tired all the time. I drink a multi vitamin each day and get a B12 injection once a week. Doing all of the above, i still seem to be tired each day. I dont have the energy to do what i love and i cant start anything new, because i dont feel the energy for it. Please help me...

Dear Morne
There are literally hundreds of reasons for being chronically tired - see this article:

Steps to follow:
1. ensure that medically there is not a problem by going for a full check up with your GP
2. Get enough rest - sleep at least 6 hours per night
3. Eat right
4. Reduce stress levels
5. get help if you think you may have depression or anxiety
See also,34681.asp

Hope this helps