Question
Posted by: Dee | 2008/10/06

Tired of being tired

Hi Doc,

Basically I' m tired of being tired. Im on vitamins, go the gym (well just signed up) but am always tired! I' ve had problems where I' ve been loosing my hair, weight gain (i have tried every diet there is) and just constantly tired. I' ve had my thyroid tested - normal, iron levels - normal....

Please help! I cant handle always being tired...along with everything else

Dear Dee
Did the dr also test your insulin levels? And is it possible that you may be suffering from depression? Insulin resistance and depression are two conditions that can lead to weight gain and an inability to lose weight, as well as constant tiredness. If you suspect that you may be suffering from depression and that everything is getting you down, then please go for help to a psychologist or psychiatrist. If depression is not a possibility, then please have your insulin levels tested or try going on a low-glycaemic index (GI) diet. Click on 'Diet' and 'Weight loss' and 'The Glycaemic Index' and read the articles on the GI. I would also see a Dermatologist about the hair loss as this condition can possibly be linked to your tiredness. In the meanwhile try taking a complete vitamin and mineral supplement like Centrum or Supradyn Forte.
I do hope that you will soon feel less tired.