Question
Posted by: Sam | 2009-09-15

Tired in afternoon and awake at night

Hi there.

I get up for work at 6:30am, and by 7:00am I’ m wide-awake and ready for the working world. I last through out the whole day, but by 7:00pm, I am so tired, I feel like I can’ t keep my eyes open. I often fall asleep in front of the TV while the news or something is on. Then when I finally (with a lot of effort) get up, at about 9:30pm, I have so much energy, that I don’ t know what to do with myself. I clean, exercise, bath, and then finally get into bed at about 12:00am, where I lay awake for another hour or so. I have tried staying awake, in the early evening, so that I can sleep at night, but then I am just too tired to exercise or clean or anything like that. Do you think I’ m eating wrong? We have supper at 5:00pm / 5:30pm.

Expert ImageSleep Expert

If you are getting up at 6:30, try to get into bed only at 11 PM. It is important to maintain this routine 7 days a week. If your problem persists, you may need to see a sleep doctor.

1
Posted by: M042 | 2009-10-15

I also had a problem with being tired the whole time. Sometimes I wannted just to sleep during the day. Well the doctor did some blood tests and it came back that I have a virus that' s called Coxsakki virus. Apparently it is like Juppy flu, it just affect your muscles and make you tired. Nothing to take for it except pain killers and a lot of vitamins. And he said it can take 3 years to get out of your system.

Reply to M042