Posted by: Anon | 2008-11-05

Tired, fat and thirsty

Hi there, I am a relatively small person and woke up one morning, a month ago, weighing 3 kgs more! I am tired all the time, have a constant, terrible thirst and recently got a horrific bruise on my leg and I cannot remember bumping it :-( I took a home pregnancy test but the result was -tive. My eating habits haven' t changed and I do exercise regularly. Is there cause for concern or amI just overreacting?

Dear Anon
No you are not overreacting. Please see your doctor - he needs to test for diabetes, coagulation disorders and thyroid abnormalities.

Posted by: Lou | 2008-11-05

You should go to your GP for a medical - it could be a number of things, including diabetes. If they do some simple blood tests, you' ll have your answer.

Reply to Lou