Question
Posted by: Droopy | 2011/03/14

Tired eyes

I am a 27 year old female. I have been vegetarian (no meat, eggs, chicken or fish) for the last 15 years. I weigh 58kgs.

My problem is my tiredness at work. I can''t keep my eyes open in meetings. I find it easier when i eat so I always snack.
I have a desk job but alot of meetings. I also take lunch break.
I get 7 hours of sleep a night and don''t battle to sleep.

Is this tiredness normal? Is it something i eat? and should i continue eating to stay awake?

Expert ImageSleep Expert

No, the tiredness is not normal.

I doubt very much if it is from something you are eating - it may rather be from something you are NOT eating!

You need to go to your doctor and have a thorough check-up, to ensure that you do not have some underlying medical condition, which could need attention.

If that is normal, then you should get to have the quality of your sleep determined at a sleep laboratory.

4
Posted by: Mphegeledi | 2011/04/26

Check for HIV and depression, mo especilly if youy are using a computer at work and if you play cell phone game and you sleep the is you eyes problem.

Reply to Mphegeledi
Posted by: Droopy | 2011/03/15

I forgot to mention I have low blood pressure. Almost every time I check it ranges around 90-100 / 60-80.

Reply to Droopy
Posted by: Droopy | 2011/03/15

Thanks Doc, Should it be a normal doc or a dietician?

Reply to Droopy
Posted by: Sleep expert | 2011/03/15

No, the tiredness is not normal.

Reply to Sleep expert