Question
Posted by: SB | 2008/07/10

Tired and embarresed

How can one stop snoring? It is embarresing and angers my partner so badly than he punches me in the middle of the night, now I am so self concious than I would rather sit up the whole night and I am to afraid to go to sleep, I am so tired at work and I can not concentrate. Please help me. I do suffer from a post nasal drip and sinus very badly but I use nasal spray before I go to bed and make sure that I don't lie on my back but it doesn't help.

Dear SB
Most over the counter medications and wonder cures do not help - you need to see an ENT specialist as the post nasal drip/sinus infection needs to be treated. You may also need laser treatment of the soft palate as it is usually due to a lax soft palate that one snores at night.