Posted by: ability | 2012-01-27

tired &  poor disgestive

There are my symptoms, all just in the last 6 months. Please diagnose. I am female aged 60: 1. All my life my digestive system has been good but now,about once a month I suddenly get diarrhoea without any infection or pain. It is just sudden and complete emptying of the bowel so soft that it is almost liquid and it is completely uncontrollable causing embarrassing accidents..It will happen only once or twice in a day then it is over 2. I have never had bloating but often now I bloat after a meal or I wake up bloated. I don''t suffer from heartburn .3. I have become very very sleepy-I am dopey all the time and if I sit down to read a book during the day I fall asleep. After meals it is so bad that I just can not stay awake. It feels like my mind will not work properly nor will my muscles. When I then lie down I am asleep in moments. I sleep well at night so it is not lack of sleep. I used to be able to get myself going each morning with one cup of coffee- now it takes three and it takes longer to work and doesn''t last.
4. Poor concentration and memory but i recently saw a neurologist and it is not alzheimers- I am intellectually normal.

It is possible that you have a gastric ulcer, causing your symptoms. Often a gastric ulcer causes bleeding, which leads to anemia. This can be the reason for your constant tiredness and lack of concentration. I strongly advise that you consult a gastroenterologist for a gastroscopy and colonoscopy.