Question
Posted by: Aaliya | 2011/03/04

Tired all the time

please advise me...

i am currently studying part time and working a full time job. so time management is of the essence! i aim to get 7 hrs sleep a night. recently my sleep has been breaking an hour before i am due to wake up so i am sleeping only 6 hrs a night. also, even if i get an hr or 2 extra - i am tired all the time! it is frustrating as i am unable to focus on my work and studying. i am taking vital range B-vitamins and i exercise 5 days a week - yoga 2 days a week and walking 3 days a week - for an hour each day.

please advise me. desperate for some good quality sleep and improved quality of life!!!

Expert ImageSleep Expert

Routine is the key. Make sure that you get to bed at the same time, and get up at the same time 7 days a week. preferably don't sleep in over weekends.

Rather than toss and turn, "trying" to get back to sleep (which doesn't work anyway)rather get out of bed and read quietly. Sleep will happen much more quickly this way. Then get back into bed and go back to sleep.

The final concern is this: the pattern you describe is frequently - but not exclusively - seen with depression. If you are indeed depressed, that may be the cause of the sleep problem, and will probably need some professional help.

1
Posted by: Sleep expert | 2011/03/04

Reply to Sleep expert