Question
Posted by: linda | 2012-04-25

tired

Over the last 5 years I have trouble with nightmares, and as result lack of sleep as I don''t look forward to sleep as I just wake up tired of wrestling with my nightmares so I try to be awake as long as possible. Giving me 4-6 hours of sleep. Is there perhaps anything natural I can use or do to help with this situation. I have basicly given up caffiene, tried drinking warm milk with a little of honey, meditate and exersice a lot more but none seems to work. Please advice?

Expert ImageSleep Expert

Nightmares are just dreams with an upsetting emotional content.

They have NOTHING to do with what you are eating or drinking.

Dreaming is normal - we do it 4 or 5 times a night - but just don't remember them, usually.

The upsetting emotional part of the dream reflects your underlying emotional state, and you will need to consider whether you might have a depression underlying the problem. You should discuss this possibility with your doctor, as you may need some form of help for it.