Question
Posted by: sj | 2011/11/30

Tired

Im not sure how to even start so here I go.

I feel like i am hitting a wall in my life. I stay so tired and either want to bawl my eyes out or am so cross it feels like the fires of hell are burning me up from the inside out. I dont have any energy for the day. I get up in the morning feeling like i just went to bed. I am tired of being down and upset all the time. I have a stunning hubby and all that he askes for is sex every now and then and even that is a real task for me. I am snappy with him after and dont mean to be. It just feelis like a job to me. This is not his fault i am just tired. i do have a baba that is nearly 2 and doesnt sleep through at all yet. I have a full time job. Am I down or just at a low in my life. I dont get excited for anything anymore and i do not like this person that i have become. i would give anything to be me again.

I dont have medical aid so cant realt afford to go and see someone. Do you think there is any help for me????

WHile there might be other possibilities this sounds very like a depression in a conscientious person who has high expectations of themselves. You lead a hard-working and tiring life, but this excessive tiredness is typical of depression. Fortunately, this is a condition which generally responds very well to proper treatment.
The tiredness, the irritability,the loss of interest in sex, it all fits the pattern of depression. You need and deserve treatment.
You could explore the services in psychiatriy of your nearest medical school or large state / government / provincial hospital, where they should provide competent services and treatment. Sometimes the very latest drugs might not be available, but there are many antidepressants around now, and available. Please take the effort to ensure you get the treatment you deserve, as you could before long be feeling a great deal better, and dealing with everything much better. Also, a GP might be able to confirm the diagnosis and prescribe similar proper treatment.

1