Posted by: chanty | 2011-09-20

I need some help. I am always tired. I have two kids who dont sleep well, but I should be used to it by now as my son is going on four years old and my daughter is turning 2. They each wake up at least once a night on a good night.
I have thyroid problems and take 0.1mg Eltroxin daily. I also have serious allergies and break out in hives often. I need a supplement to help me get through the day. The past week I have no energy and feel aweful. Is there something I can take?

Expert ImageNatural health

i suggest you have a consultation with a Chinese medicine practitioner. Fatigue can also be linked to other problems - like anemia, still thyroid even if you are under treatment, stress, and mood can affect thyroid as well.

Kind regards
Dr DEbbie

Posted by: LN | 2011-10-06

Hi Charity

The tiredness may be related to your thyroid condition i.e your dose of Eltroxin may be too low- a blood test need to be done first to determine if your dose is adequate.

Tiredness can also be related to anemia- also common with thyroid patients esp if you have heavy menstruation bleeding.

Rule out above first, before taking a supplement as the underlying cause of the tiredness may be masked.

Best of luck

Reply to LN