Posted by: just me | 2010-03-11

I am 40, female, 1.75m and overweight. I have taken up my dream job 3 months ago and REALLY enjoy it although it is hardwork and alot of responsibility. I have even lost some weight without trying as I do not eat out of frustration anymore and since there is no lift in the building I run the stairs about 10 times a day. I take 10mg loratadien daily for my allergies and Centrum as I do not get all the nutrition from my food, my mom cooks for me too and dad is very fusy. I have been on Yasmin since Feb 10 (my doctor said it will help for painfull and heavy periods) and had a period lasting a month although flow was lower for about 3 weeks. I am constantly tired and have difficulty staying awake for supper. I get, average, 7 hours sleep a night. I would like to go back to gym and loose more weight, as my hours would make it easier for me to go now. I have had blood and urine tests done (blood count, sugar, cholesterol, liver and kidney function, thyroid etc) and the only thing that showed was e.coli in my urine. I was put on Augmentin for 6 weeks and the retest came back clear. What else can cause the tiredness and will I not be even more tired going to gym? I still have a lot of weight to loose and want to loose as I still battle to find clothes.

Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010-03-15

Reply to cyberdoc
Posted by: Dr Bets | 2010-03-11

Hallo Tired
If you menstruated heavily, you may have an iron deficiency anemia - did they check your iron levels? Exercise won''t make you more tired but will probably increase your energy levels. Try getting in an hour extra sleep per night.

Reply to Dr Bets