Question
Posted by: Spotted | 2009/04/09

Tiny warts on arms ...

Dear CyberDoc

I suddenly started breaking out in very tiny buttons on my forearms which look like very small warts. They are more whitish in appearance and don' t itch. They are more on the underside of the forearms where it is hairless.

I heard someone say that this could be due to a virus in the air and that there is a cream for it. Are you aware of anything like this, or is it perhaps just my very sensitive skin which is affected by seasonal changes?

Please help, I am so terrified at what it could be.

Thank you doc.

Dear Spotted
Let your doctor have a look, it may be molluscum contagiosum caused by a virus. It needs to be frozen to kill the virus. See http://www.skinspecialist.co.za/molluscum_contagiosum.htm