Posted by: Kitty | 2009-01-06

Tiny red veins

I am a 35 year old female, who is overweight. I use face cream daily (although normally only once a day). I recently discovered tiny red veins on my cheeks. As I don' t earn a huge salary, I was wanting to know if there is any over-the-counter remedy to lessen or get rid of these veins. I' m not sure what caused them, if you could advise.

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Kitty, thank you for the question and my apologies for the long delay with my answer.

There are a number of different veins that may appear on the face, such as spider veins and telangiectasias. These superficial veins are typically caused by sun damage; however they may be related to medical conditions such as Rosacea, hormonal changes, medication, etc.
Unfortunately, there is no topical treatment that will benefit and treat these veins and one may need to consider laser or IPL vein removal. Typically for small areas I charge a smaller fee depending on the pulses used. You may find a doctor who charges similarly close to you. I would definitely add a good sun block to your daily routine.