Posted by: JF | 2009-07-05

Tiny red spots on face

My wife has been battling with tiny red spots on her face for about five weeks now, and I was wondering if you could perhaps give some advice as to what her condition might be. The spots are tiny (1mm), slightly raised and red, similar to acne but without any discharge when squeezed. The spots are concentrated around her mouth (cheek) and on her eyelids (underneath and above), but individual spots have also developed elsewhere on her face. There are no spots anywhere else on her body. The spots are only slightly itchy, sometimes have a burning sensation and the skin in the area has been very dry lately. Some of the spots will disappear after a few days, but new ones appear soon after. My wife is 29 years old. She has not changed her skincare routine lately, has not changed her eating habits and does not take medication (except for Evra patch, which she has used for two years now). We have tried cortisone cream, which removes the spots, but they re-appear when she stops using the cream. Any recommendations as to what this might be will be appreciated.

It sounds like if your wife are suffering from Rosacea. Refer to the following link for detailed information:

I suggest that she consults a dermatologist, in order to have her skin examined and have a proper diagnosis made. Treatment will be prescribed accordingly.

Please stop using the cortico-steroid cream until a diagnosis has been made.