Question
Posted by: Verna | 2012/05/10

Tinnitus?

I have a banging noise in my inner ear. I would imagine that it is like tinnitus but instead of ringing, it sounds like there is a teeny tiny little insect in there playing on my eardrum. It''s becoming a bit annoying - what is it and what can I do to make it go away?

Verna

You will have to consult an ENT specialist for an examination, as you definately have tinnitus. Tinnitus is the perception of sound without an external stimulus. It is commonly caused by external factors, like wax build up, foreign objects, infection etc. Treatment will depend on the cause.

Refer to the following link for more information: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tinnitus