Question
Posted by: Mitchel | 2009/09/01

Tingling Urethra

Hello Doctor

A few years ago I had Chlamydia and Gonorhoeia (in my twenties). I am now in my forties and recently developed a tingling sensation in my urethra right near the tip of the penis. Ejaculation is now uncomfortable, but not painful. There is no burning or discharge. It gets worse the day after sex, and then subsides to just a mild tingling. Any idea what this might be? Is it an STD?

Dear Mitchel
It could be a flare up of Chlamydia causing Urethritis - have yourself tested as you may need a course of antibiotics. Ask your doctor to also do an urine test.