Question
Posted by: Maggielou | 2008/12/03

Tingling in fingers

For the past month I have had a tingling in my right hand finger tips - sometimes more like pins and needles and sometimes completely numb with an occasional dull ' pain'  running up my arm. Any idea??

Hi Maggielou
This could be a sign of carpal tunnel syndrome - where the nerve to the hand is being pinched in the tunnel it runs in. It may help to get physiotherapy and to use something like Voltaren jel over the wrist area (inside of the arm). If conservative treatment does not help, sometimes an operation is necessary.