Question
Posted by: liesl | 2008/07/29

tingling in face

I have this tingling feeling in the right side of my face - for about a week now.
It is not something that i use - lik cream or so, because it also occurs in the inside of my lips and in my nose and further on just around the right side of my face.

Can you maybe tell me what this could be?

Hallo Liesl
this can be caused by an irritation of a facial nerve but some diseases like Bells palsy or Herpes zoster can start with similar symptoms. Rather see your doctor for an examination to see if you need referral to a neurologist?

2
Posted by: Lala | 2008/07/30

Jammer vir die afrikaans. Ek het dieselfde simptome gehad en was gediagnoseer met Bells Palsy. Bells Palsy verlam die een gedeelte van jou gesig en dit kan maande neem om reg te kom. My dokter het met medikasie (kortisoon) gekeer dat my gesig verlam raak. Daarom moet jy so gou moontlik dokter toe gaan of ten minste jou apteker gaan vra of hulle vir jou kan prednisone tablette gee.

Reply to Lala
Posted by: liesl | 2008/07/30

Hi Dr Bets

Thank you for your answer.

Since yesterday it started on my head- between my hair and also the top of my ear.

Unfortunately i don' t have the funds to go and see the doctor, that is why i am asking you again. There is no rash or anything visible that you can see. It is something under my skin or something.

Thank you so much

Reply to liesl