Posted by: Charmer | 2009-02-10

Tinea Rosea

Hi doc. I just cama to see the nurse at work &  she told me I have this skin problem. I thought it was ringworms at first but it' s spreading all over &  I was worried it' ll go to my face.

What should I expect?
How long will it last it' s been two weeks since it started.
Would I have spots there after?
Can I transmit this to my family?

Dear Charmer
If it is tinea rosea, you will need antifungal medication. It is difficult to confirm if it is without seeing it, so I think you should rather see a doctor so that you can get a prescription for the right medication. If it is fungal you can transmit this to other people. It usually does not leave marks when healed.

Posted by: Charmer | 2009-02-11

Thank you Doctor Bets.

Reply to Charmer