Posted by: Tina | 2009-09-07

Tina - Too much baggage - THANKS TO YOU ALL

I just wanted to thank you to CS and to all the kind people that wrote in, mostly guys, I was surprised. You really all made me feel so much better and I do think that I will meet a nice man in due course. I am not hunting as such (not that brave) but will just let things run their natural course.

Yes, I can' t believe that a so called intelligent and professional woman like me got trapped in a relationship like that - but I see clearly how women get trapped. Sometimes you are just not aware of how things are progressing. I have managed to stay friends with my ex and am just glad that I am not more than that. It' s on my terms.

And yes, I am very careful having been badly bitten.

I guess I can bite too - he said me breaking up with him was a huge shock.

Anyway, thanks again.

This taught me a big lesson - I was thinking about trying to do something to help abused women (constructively and actively) I am not sure what, but I will.

My counsellor said I must see myself as a survivor, that came as a big shock because he enver physically abused me, but the emotional abuse is just as bad.

I have been very sick but as I get better I feel all the stuff leaving along with the viral bronchitis.

Yep, on the mend. And thanks again. You people will never know how much your kind words and truths helped me.
Thank you so much

Pleased to hear things are working out for you. If you want to do something to help abused women, check out what organizations there are zin your area already working in this field, like POWA.
And frankly, I think one needs to get beyond seeing oneself as a survivor, which pins down your identity to the previous trauma. Rather see yourself as --- yourself, surviving and moving on ( surviving isn't all you are doing, I hope !)