Question
Posted by: Alex | 2008/09/24

Time of Sex

Hi, I was just wondering what is the best time of the month for a girl to have sex with the least chance of getting pregnant? I' ve heard that it is a week after her period. Is this true?

My girlfriend and I want to have sex for the first time but she doesn' t want to go on the pill. We will of course use protection(condom) but if we could just increase our chances of avoidance even further, that would be great!!

Thanks for the help

Unfortunately there is no guaranteed time of the month where she might not fall pregnant if your condom usage fails...OF course conception is more likely when she is ovulating, but not all women ovulate predictably and so it can be difficult to judge...

There are other forms of contraception available other than the pill, including the injection or an interuterine device.

1
Posted by: Good luck | 2008/09/25

I have read, that is when a girls menstraution has stop, the 2 days she can not get pregnant, then there is a week that it is a possiblility, and the 12 till 16 day after menstraution, the changes of getting pregnant is very good, and then a week again it is a possibilty, and 3 days before a girl menstraution begins you can not get pregnant. And if during a girl menstraution it is almost impossible.

Personal feeling, i got pregnant on the 14 day after my menstraution stop.

But i dont know it can depends. I got my information in a book called " Dokter A - Z" .

Reply to Good luck