Posted by: Concerned | 2009-02-04

Time in the sun

I like spending time outdoors in the sun and unfortunately I' m not keen on using sunscreen! On weekends I spend on average between 2 and 4 hours outdoors, often in direct sun. I do always use sunblock of at least SPF15 on my face, always wear a hat and try to avoid being outdoors during the most dangerous hours (between 10 and 3). I have dark hair but a fair skin. Is there a possibility that these hours in the sun will one day result in skin cancer for me? Your advice will be appreciated. Many thanks!

Dear concerned
Regular sun exposure without sunblock does increase your risk of getting skin cancer. A sunblock SP15 is not enough protection. Try the product SP20 - it has SP factor from 15 to 60 to choose from and it is not oily.