Question
Posted by: cj | 2013/01/18

time frame for pregnancy after miscarriage

Morning Doctor,

I had a miscarriage at 8 weeks october 2012. I had what seemed like a period exactly 28 days after dnc was done. I had red blood for one day (not much though) and old brown blood (like when your periods end) the next day. In december I had my period again exactly 28 days after the one in november and it was again for 2 days. Having my period now again exactly 28 days later and again it looks like it will be for 2 days again. My periods were usually about 3 days before. My question now: how long before one usually gets pregnant again after a miscarriage and dnc was done? We are now at 3 months after the miscarriage.

Thank you doctor.

It is impossible to say how long it will take, It can take a normal healthy couple up to a year to conceive.

1
Posted by: cj | 2013/01/18

Furthermore, I as asked in hospital if I wanted the injection or the oral contraceptive. I did tell the sister who asked me no, as we were trying for our second child. The thing is I was given a very strong pain killer injection which made me feeling quite unwell. I know she injected me something for the nausua, but what I cant remember is if she gave me the depo injection. What would one''s periods be on the 3 month injection, as mine is back on the 28 day cycle, but very light.

Thank you doctor.

Reply to cj