Question
Posted by: cj | 2013-01-18

time frame for pergnancy after miscarriage

Morning Doctor,

I had a miscarriage at 8 weeks october 2012. I had what seemed like a period exactly 28 days after dnc was done. I had red blood for one day (not much though) and old brown blood (like when your periods end) the next day. In december I had my period again exactly 28 days after the one in november and it was again for 2 days. Having my period now again exactly 28 days later and again it looks like it will be for 2 days again. My periods were usually about 3 to 4 days before. My question now: how long before one usually gets pregnant again after a miscarriage and dnc was done? We are now at 3 months after the miscarriage.

Thank you doctor.

CJ

It is safe to say that after three menstrual cycles, you can try to fall pregnant again. Best of luck!

2
Posted by: cj | 2013-01-22

thank you racoon, we accepted the loss and are ready to move on. I think that I am getting impatient as we were trying to get pregnant again immediatly and we are still not. I suppose it will happen when God decides it is the right time.

Reply to cj
Posted by: Racoon | 2013-01-22

I fell pregnant 2 weeks, and then 6 weeks after DandC''s and have 2 healthy boys. Start when you are emotionally ready.

Reply to Racoon