Posted by: cp mom | 2009-08-23

The more time and love i give Ne the more she wants. G say' s she' s getting to much attention that' s why she' s so demanding. But I feel guilty of the times I don' t spend with her so I spend even more time give more huggs etc

I spent so much time with her this weekend i want to climb the walls, but when i left home today she was hysterical.....cryiing and screaming.....

Guilt is sometimes confused with love. She needs, to live, to drink water --- but however much you love her, if you gav her too much water, she'd drown. So she needs ENOUGH love, not too little, and not too much. But if you decide to cut down a bit, do so very gradually, or she'll feel confused if it suddenly becomes less. You don't need to feel guilty abo ut spending time on your own or with others --- that's life. And you need to help her to enjoy spending time with others --- then when, as happened not long back, you might need to be away such as when you went to hospital, it would be less devastating for her. OF COURSE she starts screaming and performing when you give her far too much love and attention for a day or two, and then go away. Even it out, ration it sensibly