Question

Time

My ex and I broke up at the beginning of the year and I think its the best thing that could have happened as it made me put things in perspective with regard to how I am in relationships etc. I realised that many times I was the one who pushed him away with my nagging etc. Its been about 7 months now and we have slowly started seeing each other. 7 months has not been a long time and i am still trying to grow as a person, I made if very clear to him that any changes that are happening to me is not for anyone else but myself and that I have to feel comfortable with myself first before I can give my all to someone else. I realised that I still love him and told him this. I also told him that he had a limited time to come back and tell me if he was interested in a exclusive relationship or if I should move on. He has not come back to be since then (about a week ago). I told him that I was going to start dating and I wanted to do so with a clear mind and that I dont like doing this half-heartedly, I have no decided to take the big step and go out on a date today. I havent heard from him so I assume that he was not ready to get back with me. Am i being unrealistic? I just cant see myself sitting around waiting for someone when he may not even notice that I am there in the end. I believe that if he loved me he didnt need all this time to think.

Maybe you're making more out of the relationship with him than it warrants. No point, as you say, in sitting round waiting for someone who may be less inetrested than you expected. And if you have learned from past relationship errors, you may have better luck with a fresh one.