Posted by: Stacey | 2012-12-12

Tim Noakes question

" Hi

I tried a similiar diet and had no results at all and with a balanced diet have great results and maintained for years.

While I have followed this test closely ( previous articles as well) , i have one question ?

Yes they are twins but Jaqueline has had 2 children and Jeanne none, children does change your metabolism and some other hormone differences? So are they starting on the same ground?

Also they may be carb intolerant it does NOT mean everyone is" 

the above i posted as a comment to the latest article am i wrond to think that having children makes a difference?

thanks for you great forum with the BEST advise

Dear Stacey
Thank you for your kind words, which make my day! I agree that when a woman gives birth to children this can have a profound effect on her metabolism, weight gain and ability to lose weight. Factors such as loss of thyroid function which is relatively common during pregnancy, post-partum depression, induction of insulin resistance or female hormone imbalances - all these factors can change the Basic Metabolic Rate (amount of energy we expend just to keep the processes of the body going without doing any exercise - this is a surprisingly large quantity of energy every day). Then there are the changes in routine which every mother has experienced. How many women do not go through the change from being active career women who spend hours in the gym, to being harassed housewives who have to juggle work, housework, looking after the children and never having a moment's peace or time for exercising? This is one of the reasons that it is important to take the entire medical history and all the other circumstances of an overweight patient into account when prescribing a slimming diet for that person. Oversimplification and propagation of fad diets loses sight of the individual differences between people.

Posted by: Sonjia Fourie | 2013-01-21

Good day, Tim i need to ask you will i be able to loose 100kg on the diet, do i need to detox first to lower my cravings for the addiction of carbs. Please i need your help i am slowly committing suicide by not stop eating, I am having a slow death here. My weight is 171kg. Except for high blood pressure and high cholestrol i dont have any other problem. I seem to loose it when it comes to food. Please help me?

Reply to Sonjia Fourie