Question
Posted by: Terri Mulbarton | 2012-11-15

Tilted pelvis

My gynae has mentioned I have a tilted pelvis, that the floor of my pelvis is raised. What does this mean?

Dear Terri
By saying that you have a tilted pelvis, most doctors mean that it’s a retroverted uterus. This is pointing backwards towards the hollow of the sacrum instead of pointing anteriorly to the bladder. If the uterus is mobile and in a retroverted position, this could mean that you should have no concerns about fertility. However sometimes the uterus is pulled downwards or backwards from a condition called endometriosis and in that particular case, fertility may be a concern. If fertility is a concern and you have not conceived during the 1 year, I suggest a laparoscopy would be a good diagnostic tool to ascertain the cause of your tilted uterus.
Answered by Dr Y.M.Dasoo