Question
Posted by: Meth mouth | 2009/06/23

tik use

I have tried tik a number of times but I am OK and can stop using it. What are the dangers then for someone like me? Does it cause brain damage?

Expert ImageArchive

Sadly, there are some studies indicating that even just using tik once or twice can damage certain parts of the brain. The more often you use it, the higher the risk of damage becomes and permanent damage is possible. You may not notice these effects as they can be subtle initially, and only become obvious with time. Most of the proven damage seems to relate to types of memory loss, sometimes experienced more like a lack of being able to concentrate and the parts of your brain which 'regualte' your mood (e.g. dopmaine receptors) also appear to be among the most affected.

6
Posted by: Celeste 2 | 2009/06/26

My nephew is hooked. We would never have know had he not landed into a bit of trouble. He too, managed to " control"  his use for over 2 years. But he recently got suspended from work for absenteeism and for the last 4 weeks its been terrifying just how deep a hole he' s dug himself!!!

I have yet to hear a success story!!

It is also disappointing that despite the number of drug abuse cases being reported and the link thats been made between drug misuse and HIV/Aids, crime, etc that there is still so little help that can be found locally.

Yes there are out of house clinics and some residential programmes but it really is a mission to get the right information or contact these organisations.

I experienced it for myself when trying to weigh up his options.

Its just another sad story to add to the lists of many in our communities... so I agree with the posted comment by SCREAM- we are blowing our nation away at a fast rate and anyone who condones their family or friends involvement in the use or distribution of this drug is not helping to solve the matter.

Reply to Celeste 2
Posted by: scream | 2009/06/26

There is no joke here. This tik addiction is huge! Blowing away our nation at such a fast rate! It' s unbelievable!

Reply to scream
Posted by: Mike Lester | 2009/06/26

Wolf thinks caps lock is cruise control for cool.

" AS A FRIEND OVER THE NET I ASK YOU IF U CAN" 

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Reply to Mike Lester
Posted by: Been tehre | 2009/06/26

Please stop taking tik completely while you can. I have just managed to help my husband stop after 8 months. It has been really hard. It has changed his way of thinking and doing things. It is soo bad and the recovery time is also months, not weeks.

He also said he could stop any time he wanted. But couldn' t. Thankfully I stuck in there with him. Please help yourself, this stuff does damage the brain in ways we don' t all undertand.

There are loads of people who will help you, but you need to be able to accept there help. Good Luck my friend.

Reply to Been tehre
Posted by: LONEWOLF | 2009/06/24

Hi Meth Mouth. Your attitude is a classic example of addiction. You think you are in control and can stop any time. Wrong. You are already hooked and do not know it or do now want to consciously acknowledge it. Get help now

Reply to LONEWOLF
Posted by: WOLF | 2009/06/23

PLEASE PLEASE DO ME A FAVOUR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!STOP IT IF YOU CAN!!I HAVE SEEN PEOPLE AGE IN 2 YEARS!!!!!READ THAT U 50% OF UR BRAIN DOES GET DAMAGED YES!!!!ONCE YOU ARE HOOKED YOU WONT STOP AND YOU DONT WANT TO EVEN KNOW THE REST OF WHAT THAT STUFF DOES!!!MY FRIEND WAS 22 AND AT THE AGE OF 24 THE LOOKED LIKE SHE WAS 70 OD YEARS OLD!!!HER TEETH FELL OUT!!!!IM NT A DOCTER BUT IF YOU READ THIS!!!PLEASE TAKE MY ADVICE!!!IVE SEEN WHAT THIS DOES!!!!YOU WILL DIE SOON IF U DONT STOP!!!AS A FRIEND OVER THE NET I ASK YOU IF U CAN!!!STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to WOLF