Question
Posted by: tristan harrop | 2013/01/07

tigthness on top of foot and on anterior side of lower leg( muscle)

I play touch rugby and haven''t played for 3 months but still have tightness when I walk up stairs and jog for a bit in muscle next to shins, have been for acupuncture,compartments have been release 3 seasons ago too.

Expert ImagePodiatrist

Thank you for your e-mail Tristan, I would suggest that you consult with a podiatrist, that have a special interest in biomechanics, that would do a biomechanical examination and assess if your recurrent tightness could be due to your biomachnics in your feet and legs. Contact Podiatry Association of South Africa www.podiatrist.co.za or 0861 100 249 for your nearest podiatrist