Question
Posted by: mia | 2009-09-04

tightness over chest

i hav a small baby and i do everything around the house so this could just be exhaustion. when i am very stressed out my chest feels tight (well more just below the ribs actually) and it feels like i have to take big breaths to help. i am 28 years old and i hav no major health issues. what could this be?

Mia

It is possible that it is anxiety but I do however, suggest that you consult your doctor for a full examination, in order to confirm the diagnosis or to find another cause for your symptoms. Anxiety can be treated effectively with Ativan SL 1mg when necessary. This drug is however, contra-indicated during breast feeding.